Compare LCD Microscopes
How to Select an LCD Microscope?
The latest CMOS development has made the camera image as sharp as what we see through human eyes. Coupled with new auto-focus function and ultra-sharp Retina display, LCD microscopes have made inspection more ergonomic and easier than a traditional stereo microscope. Most LCD microscopes allow image and video capturing to either Micro SD or SD card. Many come with dimensional measurements on LCD with a mouse click or on the computer with the included software.
While selecting a proper LCD microscope for your application may be daunting. It is not that complicated at all if you ask the right questions. Below are some questions to help you narrow down what the best model is for your work.
Questions to Ask
- How much magnification do I need to see my parts?
- Will I need to take a picture or video for documentation of the defect?
- Will I like to measure the dimensions of the object?
- Will the Auto-Focusing camera be useful for my inspection?
- Will the 3D Rotational viewing help visualize the part feature?
- Will I need high power magnification to see the micron feature?
- Will the “image stacking” for a perfect-focused image be helpful for my analysis?
- Will the “photo stitching” to create an ultra-high-resolution image be useful?
Here is a quick summary of LCD microscopes with the feature highlights for an easy overview.
|Camera Resolution||3.5MP (2,304 x 1,536)||3.5MP (2,304 x 1,536)||6MP (3264 x 1836)||6MP (3264 x 1836)|
|Camera Outputs||HDMI & USB. 30FPS.||HDMI & USB. 30FPS.||HDMI & USB. 60FPS.||HDMI & USB. 60FPS.|
|LCD Display||12.5″||12.5″ or 24″||12″ or 24″||12″ or 24″|
|Capturing Photo/Video||Micro SD||Micro SD||SD Card||SD Card|
|Measurement||on USB||on USB||on HDMI & USB||on HDMI & USB|
|Zoom Magnification||4x to 55x||10x to 80x||1x to 50x||15x to 100x Detents|
|Expandable Zoom||NO||NO||NO||4x to 2,000x|
|3D Rotational View||NO||NO||NO||YES|
|Illumination||LED Ring Light||LED Ring Light||
|Working Distance||Variable 1.2″ to 14.5″||4″+||6″+||4″+|
|Learn More BX3||Learn More EX80||Learn More VIP50||Learn More LX100|
|Get Price Quote||Get Price Quote||Get Price Quote||Get Price Quote|
After reviewing the summary table, if you feel you need to see a product demonstration, we are glad to arrange a demo online via Zoom or Google Meet. Please contact us for the date/time arrangement by phone (949) 788-0101 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Handheld Portable Digital Microscope||Stereo Zoom Microscope
||Coordinated Measurement System|
|$999||$1,000 – $3,000||$13,000+|
|Learn More||Learn More||Learn More|